[TN-Bird] Louisiana Yellow Rail Festival

  • From: "Tommie Rogers" <Bananaquit1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TNBird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <TN-Bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 10:41:00 -0400

If anyone wants to see rails, the Yellow Rail and Rice Festival is coming up in
Jennings, Louisiana Oct. 24.  It is really a fun birding event and a great
opportunity to learn more about rails and of course, see rails.  There have
never been Black Rails observed in that location, but the other species of
rails occupy the same rice fields.  It is a really nice way to experience
Louisiana  hospitality, lifestyle and charm, too.
I'm just reminiscing, and I would go again this year, but life's journey is
leading me in another direction this fall.

Tommie Rogers