[TN-Bird] Little Gull - Reelfoot CBC

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:24:31 -0500 (EST)

Dec. 17, 2011
Reelfoot Lake

After 4 years, the Little Gull adult was finally seen on the  Reelfoot
Christmas Count. I think about 10 participants got to see the bird over  the
day. Not an easy bird to find but with time and a good scope you can be
rewarded with good looks at this beautiful bird. You look and look and think
you
have it again and again among the Bonaparte's but when it floats by most
just  gasp at the combination white, gray and black. The bird has been seen
from  Keystone, White's Landing, the TWRA boat ramp near Lakeview but mostly
from the  Park across from the Bar-B-Q place on the east end. Good

Jeff R.  Wilson / TLBA
6300 Memphis-Arlington Rd.
Bartlett, TN. 38135_  http://WWW.pbase.com/ol_coot/_
(http://www.pbase.com/ol_coot/)
What is this feathered  thing that lifts my heart to the  heavens.