[TN-Bird] KTOS Newsletter and Meeting

  • From: Billie Cantwell <bfcantwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 07:40:57 -0400

Please join us on Wednesday, October 1 for the presentation:
"The Ninety-Year History of KTOS" by Vickie Henderson. In
honor of our club's 90th anniversary, Vickie delved into the club's
archives of early 20th century correspondence, newsletters, and
photographs as well as TOS materials in Nashville. She
compiled a PowerPoint presentation of the interesting
information she identified. Learn about our early club members,
their talents, and the legacy they left behind.
Vickie is a member of KTOS, an artist, writer and naturalist. In
2011, she wrote and illustrated "Discover Birds Activity
Book" published by the Tennessee Ornithological Society. With
more than four thousand copies distributed to students around
the state, the book is designed to inspire the students' curiosity
and creativity while presenting facts about birds.
The meeting will be held in Room 118 of the University of
Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine. For directions,
please visit the meetings page of on the KTOS website
at: www.tnbirds.org/chapters/knoxvill/KTOS_Meetings.html. <Please join us
[...]

See attached newsletter for field trips.

Billie Cantwell
Knoxville, TN