[TN-Bird] KTOS French Broad River Eagle Nest Visit

  • From: Billie <bfcantwell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 09:09:50 -0400

*French Broad River Bald Eagle Nest Visit on March 18*
**
* I've been in contact with a landowner on the French Broad River across from the bald eagle nest reported in the recent KTOS newsletter. We have been granted permission to drive through a locked gate into the river bottom to view the eagle nest. With the eagles seeming most active in mid-to late afternoon, we have permission to visit on Sunday, March 18 between 2 and 4 pm. Rain or Shine.* * Let's plan to meet at the pull-off from the Midway Road/exit 402 exit ramp of I-40 East at 1:30, then drive to the viewing area on Kodak Road. In addition to the eagles, we'll have the opportunity to walk the river corridor for shorebirds, waterfowl and migrants. For more info, contact Wayne H. Schacher at (865) 457-4355 or whschacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:whschacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. *
**
 Billie Cantwell
Knoxville, TN