[TN-Bird] KTOS Field Trip Report

  • From: "Dan and Laurie Mooney" <birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TNBIRDS" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 20:45:05 -0500

Nine birders participated in today's KTOS field trip to Seven Islands WMA,
Mossy Creek WMA and Cherokee Dam.   It was a cold start but otherwise the
weather was beautiful.
We started at Seven Islands(Knox county) where a northen harrier gave us great
views.  Two bald eagles were seen, one sitting on the nest.  We missed the a
couple of the hoped for sparrows, fox and white-crowned.

At Mossy Creek(Jefferson county) we the highlights included green-winged teal,
American Kestral, swamp and savannah sparrows.

At Cherokee Dam(Jefferson County) we had a good number of Bonaparte's gulls,
300+.   Ring-billed gulls were also abundant.

The days list follows.

Dan Mooney
Knoxville, TN

      Canada Goose