[TN-Bird] KOS annual meeting announcement

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 21:41:20 -0400

TN-birders,

As TOS president I have sent out an email to the presidents to the surrounding
states, asking them to invite any of their members to join us in Chattanooga
for our annual meeting. They agreed and now I am alerting TN-birders about
their state meeting. Please read below.

Great birding,

Ron Hoff

President – TOS

Greetings all,

The meeting flyer has been posted on the front page of the KOS website,
http://biology.eku.edu/kos/default.htm

It includes the three-day agenda, as well as places to stay in the area. If
you’re staying at the Mammoth Cave Hotel, you must call them before March 25th
to get the discounted group rate.

We have added Friday and Saturday afternoon trips, for those who want a little
more birding time. We have no idea if there will be water at McElroy (south of
Bowling Green…shorebirds!), but if so, we plan to take a group down there as
one of our trips. The flyer mentions a trip to a Nature Conservancy property in
Hart County. It’s an excellent location. They are planning on doing some
field-burning this spring, so we’ll have to wait and see if it’s
accessible/desirable.

Please be aware that the Friday and Saturday evening meetings are at different
meeting rooms within the park. Friday evening we’ll be in the Rotunda Room,
which is in the park hotel. We’ll have directions available for everyone for
Saturday.

On a separate note, KOS is offering a first-time scholarship for a KY teenage
birder to attend an ABA summer birding camp. If you know a teenager who would
like to apply, please direct him/her to
http://biology.eku.edu/kos/Kingsolver.htm for details. This is an outstanding
opportunity.

Feel free to contact me if you need more information.

Steve Kistler

KOS president

270-524-1095