[TN-Bird] Injured American kestrel

  • From: Cara Alexander <carabethalexander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 10:50:27 -0500

We got a call this morning about an injured American kestrel. Apparently it
had flown into the L&C Tower in downtown Nashville. It seemed to be young,
and could not fly. We got it into a box, let it settle down, and took it to
the park. Upon trying to release it, it flew, but weakly and low to the
ground and landed on the trailer hitch of a nearby truck. We got it back in
the box, and were able to clearly see it had an injured wing. Walden's
Puddle accepted it for rehabbing. Hopefully it will be able to re
re-released soon.

Cara Alexander
Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park
Downtown Nashville, TN