[TN-Bird] Re: Holly Berries, GONE

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: shollyday@xxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 02:12:57 -0500 (EST)

Susan and TN-Birders,

The cedar waxwings were helping the robins and my furious mockingbirds in
stripping the berries from MY thirty foot holly AND all my backyard
hackberry trees all last week here in West Nashville's Charlotte Park  area.
Those
birds "garbaged the berries down their gullets" to the  point that I don't
believe there could be one berry left.  They even picked  up the ones that
fell to the ground during their "tree attack."  I drove  out one day last
week to the sound of berries popping under my tires on the  concrete.  When I
left to do errands today, there was not even one  pop.  Those hungry birds
have gotten ALL the berries!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN