[TN-Bird] Hiwassee CBC

  • From: "Aborn, David" <David-Aborn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 17:04:29 +0000

Meigs, Rhea Counties, TN

There have certainly been some interesting species sighted during yesterday's
Hiwassee CBC (I am definitely jealous of the Prairie Falcon)!  My group's count
area included Frazier Park, where Tundra Swans had been seen a couple of weeks
ago, but alas, they were not there. We did see a Northern Harrier there. We had
Canvasbacks and Redheads at another spot, and our best birds were a flock of
about 10 Rusty Blackbirds. We a lot of notable misses; Pied-billed Grebe,
Eastern Towhee, American Kestrel, Cedar Waxwing, House Finch, American
Goldfinch. All in all, however, it was a good day!

David Aborn
Chattanooga, TN