[TN-Bird] Re: Henslow's sparrow?

  • From: "Stefan Woltmann" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "harpagus@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "frank.hixon@xxxxxxxxx" <frank.hixon@xxxxxxxxx>, "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 10:59:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Frank,

I was there last year in late June and could not find any Henslow's Sparrows.
Best I could manage was a few Grasshopper Sparrows and a few Dickcissels. My
take was that the amount and quality of the habitat wasn't great. I was a
little surprised, given the numbers from others in the past, but I think there
just wasn't much habitat last year. Not sure what the area I was in is called,
but I parked near a big red barn, if that helps any...

Best,

Stefan

Stefan Woltmann, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Biology
Austin Peay State University
Clarksville, TN 37044
woltmanns@xxxxxxxx

On Thursday, May 1, 2014 11:23 AM, frankhixon . <frank.hixon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone familiar with the Henslow's sparrow population at Bark Camp Barrens WMA
in Coffee county know when the peak of breeding and singing is?  Also best
place to look on the WMA?
Frank Hixon
Dade County
Georgia