[TN-Bird] Re: Hamilton County Olive-sided Flycatcher

  • From: Ed Schneider <ed.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 18:29:41 -0230

I'm about to fly back to Nashville after a week long family (not much birding)
trip, and after scanning the tops of likely millions of spruce trees, I could
not locate even one olive-sided! I'm guessing they also are more silent
post-breeding.

Ed Schneider
Nashville

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 24, 2015, at 6:15 PM, Libby Wolfe (Redacted sender
"leica2bird@xxxxxxx" for DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

David Chaffin found an Olive-sided Flycatcher this morning at the second pond
at the "Walmart" Levee on Greenway View Drive. He said the bird was perched
on a snag in the wooded area between the two ponds on trees closest to the
levee.

I went there around 12:30 pm, and did not relocate the bird, but did find two
Snowy Egrets, and two immature Little Blue Herons. I stayed over an hour.
There are a lot of other nice birds at this location...Green Heron, Eastern
Kingbirds, Red-headed Woodpeckers, Northern Flicker, Wood Ducks just to name
a few.

Libby Wolfe
Ooltewah, TN