[TN-Bird] Re: HURRICANE KATRINA BIRDS ! -- ALERT

  • From: "Chris Sloan" <chris.sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:41:38 -0500

I'm not sure that this one will bring quite as many pelagic species inland
as Dennis did.  Dennis rolled right over a significant number of areas where
these species breed and feed; I'm not sure that Katrina's track is going to
be quite as likely to entrain as many birds, especially given that breeding
season is over and thus the birds have dispersed more widely now.  But, I'm
far from an expert on these things, and this is certainly one of the
strongest storms in recent memory that has a chance to make it this far
inland.

That said, I'm planning to check out Old Hickory Lake for an hour or two
Tuesday morning before work.

Chris Sloan

Nashville, TN

  _____