[TN-Bird] HP CBC / CBC's in TN generally

  • From: Chris Sloan <chris.sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 11:40:49 -0600

Two things, since Scott Somershoe just fired me up about this:
1.  The Hickory-Priest CBC (covering Shelby Bottoms plus the two major TVA
lakes in the Nashville area) will be on January 1 per usual.  If you are
interested in participating, please email me.

2.  As of this moment, there are SIX CBCs in TN on December 19, including
FOUR in middle Tennessee.  I'll make a strong statement here:  that is
completely, utterly, and unfathomably illogical and idiotic.  I personally
have an interest in doing four of those counts (Nashville (my home),
Reelfoot (best count in the state), Chattanooga (good count and I have lots
of friends down there), and Clarksville (my wife's hometown)).  Too bad
there is only one of me, so I will go to Reelfoot and simply miss out on the
other three.  All you compilers out there:  there are other options.  For
instance, the weekend after Christmas is fairly wide open.  We only have a
limited number of birders who actively do Christmas counts, and it makes no
sense at all to have so many major counts overlapping like this.  We need
to do better than this.

</rant>

Chris Sloan
Nashville, TN