[TN-Bird] Graveyard birding at Ellington, Davidson Co.

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:34:19 EDT

4-26-07
Ellingon Ag Center
Davidson Co.
I briefly birded the western part of Ellington this morning in and out of the
rain showers.  Birds love a good misty rain and they were out in good numbers
today, especially in the few tall trees on the hill with the very small
graveyard.
graveyard birds:
bay-breasted warbler 1 - new for my Ellington list and FOS
blackpoll 4 - new for my Ellington list
Nashville 1
Tennessee 1
yellow warbler 2
yellow-rumped 2
red-eyed vireo 3
great crested flycatcher 1
blue-gray gnatcatcher 1
brown thrasher 1
scarlet tanager 2
rose-breasted grosbeak 3
indigo bunting 1
orchard oriole 1 - new for my Ellington list and FOS

elsewhere at Ellington:
northern parula
common yellowthroat
magnolia warbler - reported to me by Scott Somershoe and FOS around Nashville
yellow-bellied cuckoo - also seen by Scott

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN

                  EXCELLENT MAP RESOURCES