[TN-Bird] Golden Eagle

  • From: Evan Buck <evanbuck64@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 22:36:34 -0600

Today when I was birding here in Lincoln County, starting my year list, I
saw a Golden Eagle. It came from the South, and disappeared to the North. I
initially thought it was a Turkey Vulture (it was about 1/4 of a mile
away), but it didn't look right so I examined it closer and took some
photos. Here is one of the pictures.[image: Inline image 1]

Also, I saw the Long-tailed Duck in Davidson county on December 30th.
Unfortunately, it appeared that the bird was unable to move because of a
damaged wing. It would be a lifer, but it seems uncountable because it
probably didn't retain a "reasonable freedom of movement" (ABA). I would
appreciate any opinions on the countability of the duck.

Good birding to everyone in the New Year!
Evan Buck
Lincoln County

JPEG image