[TN-Bird] Get-together for east TN moth-ers, birders and butterfliers

  • From: "Jean Obrist" <innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "tn-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 13:00:01 -0400

On May 15th, I am hosting the Greeneville chapter of TOS (birds) at my farm.
If anyone would like to join us, you are most welcome.  I can email directions.
 I am one hour east of Knoxville.  There are various habitats here, and we
should see/hear 55 - 75 species.
Birding from 8:00 am to noon (earlier if you can make it), light lunch by the
creek in my yard.  Afternoon: birders may go on to Joachim Bible Refuge (about
9 miles from here) or Rankin Bottoms (about 10 miles from here).   I will stay
and look for butterflies and odes, or play in the creek looking for ode larvae,
etc.  RSVP with an approximate number so I can plan lunch.

For a moth night, we could schedule the weekend of May 22 or Jun 5.  This would
be a camp-out overnight, looking for mostly nocturnal moths.  Perhaps daytime
forays for diurnal ones.  Who wants to sleep? LOL

Jean Obrist
Bruners Grove
Cocke Co, TN