[TN-Bird] Gallatin Steam Plant - terrorists redux??

  • From: BEAMERWITT@xxxxxxx
  • To: TN-BIRD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 20:59:26 EDT

Thought I would zip over to GSP after work today to see what birds the
storms may have dropped off.  The road that I and many fishermen have been
using
for access off Odom's Bend Road is now posted: "restricted access, no
trespassing".  I did not take the time to check at the guard house to see  if
this is
a temporary policy under "terrorist condition Orange", but I will be  very
surprised if they lift the entry block anytime soon.  The habitat at  the
nearby
Lewis Pond is excellent and there were many waders present plus a  nice group
of shorebirds with a single Stilt Sandpiper and SB Dowitcher.   Wonder which
TVA lake will come under attack next???

Terry Witt
Murfreesboro Tn