[TN-Bird] GOS Challenge to support Operation Migration

  • From: <gaddy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:30:03 -0500

The TOS executive board approves of the posting to TNBIRD of the following
challenge to encourage Tennessee birders to consider donating to Operation
Migration.  Please  note that GOS will match up to $500 so that your donation
will mean even more!
 The President of the Georgia Ornithological Society, Bob Sargent (not the
hummer expert) submitted the following challenge:

As you know, this year's crop of Whooping Cranes is slowly working its way
toward Florida.  We've learned that Operation Migration (OM) has a serious
funding shortfall, so we thought it would be worthwhile to partner with
other ornithological groups to help the Whoopers. So, the Georgia
Ornithological Society (GOS) would like to issue a challenge to
the other Ornithological Societies and/or Audubon clubs in the Whoopers'
flight path -- Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee and
Florida.  We will match donations to Operation Migration (up to $500 /
state) starting now and concluding when the cranes reach their destination.
People can write their checks to:

Operation Migration - USA,
1623 Military Rd., PMB# 639
Niagara Falls, NY 14304-1745.

OM has asked that folks who donate should please send a note along with
their donation to indicate which organization would like to get credit
(i.e., Chicago Ornithological Society, Florida Ornithological Society,
etc.).  Operation Migration will issue GOS weekly summaries and we will
update this website (http://coastalgeorgiabirding.org/om/) to show the
progress of the challenge.

For more information, folks can visit them at their website:
(http://www.operationmigration.org).

Thanks for considering support of this ambitious effort.

Danny Gaddy, President of TOS