[TN-Bird] Fwd: eBird Report - Rankin Bottoms, Oct 3, 2012

  • From: shaawitya@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 19:02:25 +0000 (UTC)

Kevin Burke and I went out to Rankin late Wednesday morning to look for the
Pelicans, Avocet, and Ibis. Two out of three ain't bad!! We missed the Ibis.
Weird, NO Killdeer and only one other unidentifiable shorebird other than one
Spotted Sandpiper. Here's the list

Rankin Bottoms, Cocke, US-TN
Oct 3, 2012 11:00 AM - 12:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
30 species

Canada Goose 5
Mallard 1
Blue-winged Teal 114 Two separate flocks, one sitting on the water, one flying
over the embayment
Double-crested Cormorant 47
American White Pelican 3 Three adults perched in the shallows of the embayment,
then flew down river
Great Blue Heron 17
Great Egret 35 Lots of these birds around the area, very common
Black-crowned Night-Heron 1
Black Vulture 13
Turkey Vulture 2
Osprey 1
American Coot 1
American Avocet 1 One individual in the embayment, easily observed and
identifiable
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Belted Kingfisher 3
Red-headed Woodpecker 1