[TN-Bird] Fw: URGENT !!! May Town Center public hearing May 28

  • From: A Potter <apotter597@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 06:26:38 -0700 (PDT)

TN-Birders, you may remember that I previously requested your help in fighting
the May Town Center, a development that has been proposed for the Bell's Bend
area of Nashville. For those of you visited Bell's Bend Park during the recent
spring meeting, the proposed location of this development is DIRECTLY across
the street from the park.  I suspect that birds such as Henslow's sparrow
would not stay around the park if a large retail/residential/corporate
headquarters development goes in across from the park.  I wanted to let you
all that we are gearing up for round two of the fight.  I expect that shortly
there will be a letter writing campaign, etc.  If you are interested in
helping, please contact me off list (APotter597@xxxxxxxxx).  Please also see
the forwarded email below for websites for further information.

Thanks,

Amy Potter,
NTOS