[TN-Bird] Fw: Rare sighting

  • From: kbreault <kbreault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Birds Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "RBBOTA@xxxxxxx" <RBBOTA@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 21:50:08 +0000 (UTC)

Richard,I have forwarded your email to the community so that others will have
the opportunity to see this find. Unfortunately, I am up to my neck in work at
this point just prior to going on a trip so it is not likely I will be able to
see your Blue-throated Hummingbird. Blue-throated would be a great bird for
Tennessee. I have only seen the bird in Arizona and Texas so it would certainly
be of interest to me and many other birders in Tennessee. If the bird is
significantly bigger than your Ruby-throats as you say, you might well have a
good one there! Other big hummingbirds that come to mind are Magnificent
Hummingbird and Plain-capped Starthorat, the latter rare north of Mexico. Of
course, size can sometimes be tricky depending on a variety of factors. The
very first thing you should do is take lots of photographs and share them with
the community. Good luck!K