[TN-Bird] Re: Fw: RE: Ivory-billed Woodpecker

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:46:18 EDT

In a message dated 6/26/2005 8:06:22 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

The  woodpecker must die campaign was simply a good
> >idea gone  bad.  Never did we encourage listeners to destroy the bird or
>  >anything like that relating to our great state discovery.  They  simply
> >wanted to draw attention to funding made available to the  bird.
> >Nonetheless, the morning show has been suspended and the  campaign has
> >been halted.

The problem with the above is that the emblem on the apparel certainly did
advocate destroying the Ivory-billed Woodpecker, just look at the image.
Unfortunately some of our brethren need little encouragement to do foolish
things.
They took the info off the radio site but the apparel is still for sale  at
the following site:

_http://www.cafepress.com/coreyjay_ (http://www.cafepress.com/coreyjay)

Just saying something is going away doesn't mean it has gone away.

Good  Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL'COOT / TLBA
Bartlett,  TN