[TN-Bird] Fw: [CALBIRDS] re: passing of Rich Stallcup

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 14:45:17 -0800 (PST)

Apologize for an off-topic post........But, I'm sure many on here are familiar
with California birder Rich Stallcup, as one of the great names in the modern
(ABA) era of Birding. If you've read Kaufman's classic "Kingbird Highway",
Stallcup was a substantial character in the book. Stallcup just passed away,
but
I'm sure he now has a better vantage point for birding, as elevation always
helps!

Good Birding!

Mike Todd
Mckenzie, TN