[TN-Bird] Fw: 3 Alcid species, LT Duck, C Eider, RN Grebe HBSP 1-26-05

  • From: "K.D. Breault" <KBreault@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:04:48 -0600

This winter TN birders have excitedly followed news of the owl invasion in
MN (and even Central Park, NY that had a Boreal!).  Here's an email about a
different kind of invasion much closer to home--Huntington Beach State Park
(widely acclaimed as the single best place to bird in SC).  Three alcids,
Red-necked Grebe, Long-tailed Duck and Common Eider--now that's a great
list!  HBSP is located about 20 miles north of Georgetown, SC on US 17, 400
miles from Knoxville.  Thanks, Michael.
Kevin Breault
Brentwood, TN