[TN-Bird] Fox sparrow back today

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:41:42 EST

Good morning from the Charlotte Park area of West Nashville just a few blocks
east of the Cleece's Ferry landing which is on the Cumberland River.
The/another fox sparrow appeared on my deck to feed this morning at 9:30 AM.
I assume it was the same one from yesterday afternoon, who weighed in acting
bossy toward the smaller birds only to be "ganged up on" by my 14 cardinals
who "sent it packing" at that time.  The cardinals are used to the other
sparrows with whom they feed daily, but did not seem too pleased with the
pompousness
of the "new" bird on the block.

Today, the fox sparrow behaved and fed around the perimeters of the circle
inhabited by the "regulars" and managed to feed without intimidation until it
was ready to leave.  I guess its hunger overcame its haughtiness.  It is truly
handsome bird, and I hope it continues to feed here.

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN