[TN-Bird] Fox Sparrows AND Owls, owls and more owls plus

  • From: "BirdsandTrails" <BirdsandTrails@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:00:29 -0500

Can anyone tell me where I might reliably get a
FOX SPARROW  within a couple of hours of Chattanooga? I haven't seen one since
2002.
Those of you who haven't been to northern MN during an owl invasion year should
really think about it.

The first day in Sax-Zim Bog we had 10 Great Gray Owls and 15 Northern Hawk
Owls.  The last day in the area we had 18 Great Gray Owls and 20 Northern Hawk
Owls in the bog and another 10 Great Grays outside the bog. A 48 owl day!  This
was not duplication- as we were careful to not repeat the same areas.

Unbelievable excitement for someone who has never birded up there before.   I
added eleven life birds and seventeen year birds.

Carol Fegarido
Chattanooga
Hamilton County