[TN-Bird] Fos Yellow-throated Warbler

  • From: Susan Riley <susan_riley54@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 22:12:20 -0500

Hatchie NWR
Haywood County, TN

April 11,2014

I birded the Hatchie Wildlife Refuge around Neal Lake and also on Powell Road
today looking for migrants.   Highlights were the warblers on Powell Road.  I
saw my  FOS  pair of Yellow-throated warblers, lots of Northern Parula, and
Prothonotary Warblers.
I submitted a list to EBird.  Here are highlights:

Tree Swallow  8
Prothonotary Warbler 4
Northern Parula 4 sighted, many heard
Eastern Kingbird  6
Lesser Scaup 2
Barn Swallow
Lesser Yellowlegs 2
Solitary Sandpiper  1
Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher  4  (observed a pair, building a nest), many more heard
Great Egret

I didn’t see any Indigo Buntings, Orioles, or Grosbeaks.

Good Birding!!

Susan Riley,
Haywood County, TN