[tn-bird] Forgotten Bird at Pace

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:32:11 EDT

Oct. 6, 2002
Pace Point

A bird I forgot to mention was a tundrius Peregrine that we had Sunday
perched on the mud flats at the point. It had chased all the birds from the
area before it powered south. The birds that filtered back in were Blue-wing
Teal, Gadwall and Wigeon. Also seen as the front passed, Sharp-shinned and a
migrating Red-shouldered. The Satterfields had an immature Red-tailed perched
at the point. Earlier on the weekend we had seen 2 Osprey, Kestrel, Cooper's,
2 adult and one immature Bald Eagles.

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA