[TN-Bird] First baby Barn Owls of the season.

  • From: knoxmartin2@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:58:20 -0500 (EST)

On New Year's Eve I picked up a group of three baby Barn Owls and one of the
parents that had been found in the ceiling of an old barn being torn down in an
area of rural Shelby County near Millington. This is the earliest clutch of
Barn Owls I have received in several years. If weather conditions are good Barn
Owls will breed year round, and we have had extremely mild conditions this
year. The smallest baby is probably less than two weeks old. All birds are
doing well and should be released in the spring.

Knox Martin
Mid-South Raptor Center
Memphis, Shelby County, TN