[TN-Bird] FW: eBird Report - Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge , 12/26/07

  • From: Ben Britton <benbrdn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bird List Freelists <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:56:46 +0000

From: benbrdn@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW: eBird Report - Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge , 12/26/07
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:20:02 +0000

Hello to all,

I was able to spend part of my birthday (12-26) in the field, on my way back
from the airport.  (I had to walk off the Shoney's breakfast).  I have included
my e-bird report from Seven Islands in Knox Co.  I was pleased with the sparrow
and woodpecker numbers, but the waterbirds were down, thanks to a couple of
floating hunters across the river.  They did flush up the black duck for me,
and he got away in the hail of buckshot....two good things.  I was hoping for a
goodie from the weeds like an orange-crowned warbler or a sedge wren, but no
luck.  I possible had a Lincoln's sparrow, but it disappeared quickly before
confirmation. Over-all a good trip.

Happy birthday to me,

Ben Britton

> Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:07:03 -0500
> From: do-not-reply@xxxxxxxxx
> To: benbrdn@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: eBird Report - Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge , 12/26/07
>

> Location: Seven Islands Wildlife Refuge
> Observation date: 12/26/07
> Notes: Foggy to part/cldy, 45-55 degrees
> Number of species: 43
>
> Canada Goose 2
> American Black Duck 1
> Wild Turkey 1
> Northern Bobwhite 1
> Great Blue Heron 1
> Turkey Vulture 1
> Northern Harrier 1
> Red-tailed Hawk 2
> Killdeer 1
> Ring-billed Gull 7
> Rock Pigeon 6
> Mourning Dove 2
> Belted Kingfisher 2
> Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
> Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2
> Downy Woodpecker 4
> Hairy Woodpecker 2
> Northern Flicker 1
> Pileated Woodpecker 2
> Blue Jay 2
> American Crow 3
> Carolina Chickadee 6
> Tufted Titmouse 4
> White-breasted Nuthatch 2
> Carolina Wren 3
> Winter Wren 1
> Ruby-crowned Kinglet 4
> Eastern Bluebird 11
> American Robin 2
> Northern Mockingbird 3
> European Starling 8
> Yellow-rumped Warbler 22
> Palm Warbler 4
> Eastern Towhee 2
> Field Sparrow 12
> Savannah Sparrow 1
> Song Sparrow 24
> Swamp Sparrow 10
> White-throated Sparrow 16
> White-crowned Sparrow 2
> Northern Cardinal 8
> House Finch 2
> American Goldfinch 15
>
> This report was generated automatically by eBird v2(http://ebird.org)

i?m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a
difference. Learn more

                  EXCELLENT MAP RESOURCES