[TN-Bird] FW: Northern Waterthrush

  • From: James Campbell <jmcbrcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 23:14:08 -0400

From: jmcbrcwarbler@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Northern Waterthrush
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 23:10:22 -0400

Today, 4-30-14, was one of those magical birding days, all from my deck in Oak
Ridge. For the first time in our yard in several years I heard the beautiful
and ethereal song of a Wood Thrush. It is my favorite bird song and it sang
during the entire day. Also heard were the songs of a Northern Waterthrush,
Catbird, Barred Owl, Yellow-rumped Warbler, White-eyed Vireo, Red-shouldered
Hawk, and many (almost haunting or mournful) songs of White-throated Sparrows
plus about two dozen of the usual suspects. The Northern Waterthrush was making
his seventh appearance out of the last ten years.

Jim Campbell  Knox TOS
Oak Ridge, TN  Anderson County