[TN-Bird] FOS Tree Swallows

  • From: Ryan Kamp <lewa_green@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn-birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 16:03:07 -0700 (PDT)

McMinn County, Athens

While driving home on TN-307 at around 1:20 today, I saw what appeared to be
Tree Swallows near Mayfields Farm and Nursery. I turned around, pulled into
Mayfield's parking lot, and they did indeed turn out to be Tree Swallows, my
first ones this year. There were at least three of them, perching on a fence
next to the fields, and flying around the bluebird boxes. I couldn't stay very
long to observe, but there's a good chance that they were going into the boxes.

Mayfield Farm and Nursery, McMinn, US-TN
Mar 16, 2013 1:20 PM
Protocol: Incidental
1 species

Tree Swallow  3     Seen flying around some bluebird boxes on a fence row, and
probably going into the boxes.

View this checklist online at

Ryan Trenkamp
www.easttennesseebirding.wordpress.com

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to
remain silent."
- Thomas Jefferson