[TN-Bird] FOS Pewee and Northern Waterthrush, etc. in Davidson Co.

  • From: Jan Shaw <jankshaw1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-BIRD <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 16:15:15 -0500

4-25-14
Davidson Co.

While heading back to my car at Radnor Lake after a GREAT morning's birding
with lots of spring firsts, I ran into David (don't know his last name) who
had just spotted a Northern Waterthrush on the lake edge just east of the
spillway bridge. After some searching, we refound it and got great looks at
it.

Later this afternoon my parents and I had an Eastern Wood-Pewee in their
yard.

Radnor migrants:
green heron
spotted sandpiper
chimney swift
Acadian flycatcher
phoebe
great crested flycatcher
eastern kingbird
white-eyed vireo
blue-headed vireo
red-eyed vireo
tree swallow
n. rough-winged swallow
gnatcatcher
Swainson's thrush
wood thrush
blue-winged warbler
orange-crowned
Nashville
yellow
yellow-rumped
black-throated green
yellow-throated
palm
bay-breasted
blackpoll
cerulean
redstart
prothonotary
northern waterthrush
Louisiana waterthrush
summer tanager
scarlet tanager
rose-breasted grosbeak (seen by others in our group, I'm still searching)
indigo bunting
orchard oriole

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN