[TN-Bird] Exciting Morning In My Yard -- Hamblen Co.

  • From: "Kirk Huffstater" <kirkh_cg@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 10:06:26 -0400

As a recent transplant to eastern TN, I was amazed at the activity in my yard
this morning, especially the Warblers!  In addition to the usual suspects, a 30
minute, stationary observation period from my patio resulted in the following
Warblers & Tanagers (in approximate order of observation):

Northern Parula (5)
Black-throated Green Warbler (3)
American Redstart (3)
Canada Warbler (1)
Magnolia Warbler (1)
Hooded Warbler (1)
Cerulean Warbler (1, appears to be singing on territory!)
Blackpoll Warbler (1)
Cape May Warbler (4)
Blackburnian Warbler (1)
Tennessee Warbler (1)
Bay-breasted Warbler (1)
Ovenbird (2 singing in woods)

Summer Tanager (1)
Scarlet Tanager (2)

Yesterday, my son also spotted an adult male Red-headed Woodpecker in the yard,
which is the 7th species of woodpecker now on my yard list!

Loving east Tennessee!

Kirk Huffstater

Morristown, TN