[TN-Bird] Re: Eurasion Wigeon present

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:35:34 -0800 (PST)

Bill,

I didn't see the Savannah bottoms bird, and don't remember if there were any
photos of it. I think the Busseltown and Britton Ford birds are different
though, on plumage. I was a bit distant today, but the bird Terry and David
found looked to be a classic Eurasian, with a solid rufous head; the Busseltown
bird Ruben found had an obvious creamy paler area on the cheek below the eye,
that was visible at a distance. Your scenario does make sense with the scarcity
of this species in the mid-south, but I guess as with most of these rarities,
probably more of them around than we realize.

Good Birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx