[TN-Bird] Eurasian Collared Doves in Murfreesboro?

  • From: <rabrenne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:45:00 -0400

Does anyone know if there have been Eurasian collared doves in Murfreesboro
(specifically in the area of Miller Coliseum)?

Sunday morning, when I had horse shows on my mind and not birds, I was driving
on to their property and looking at all the mourning doves along the gravel
road and horse pastures.  I remember very clearly thinking "well, a couple of
these mourning doves are not at all the right color and they're bigger than the
others too" but then was distracted by the horse show and forgot all about it
until I was home that night.

They were definitely larger and lighter colored than the usual mourning dove
and I'm almost certain they were Eurasian collared doves, but have not had a
chance to go back out there and look around.

Rachel Brenner
Nashville, TN