[TN-Bird] Error in The Migrant

  • From: Susan McWhirter <snmcwhirter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:56:16 -0600

Fellow TOS members,

It has come to our attention that the count tabulations for the 2012
Christmas Bird Count were inadvertently omitted from the March 2013 issue
of *The Migrant*. The June 2013 issue was already in print when we realized
this error, so the tabulations will be published in the September 2013
issue. The error was ours, and ours alone. We apologize to the membership
for this error, but more importantly, we apologize to the count compiler,
Ron Hoff. For many years Ron has compiled all of the TOS counts so
that they may be published in *The Migrant*. He has an amazing dedication
to this work and also to maintaining a thorough data base of the
records  afforded by these counts.

Thanks for your understanding, and good birding!

Sincerely,

Susan McWhirter
Martha Waldron
Co-editors,* The Migrant*