[TN-Bird] Ensley/President's Island Report

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:44:32 EDT

Ensley Bottoms,
President's Island
Shelby Co. TN

I was downtown and had a little time yesterday morning, so I ran by  the
pits. The truck traffic is unbelievable on Riverport since opening the train
yard
so be careful.

The Black-necked Stilt nests still litter the ground and successful nesters
protect their young. There were 2 White-rumped Sandpipers and 5 Least
Sandpipers. The Least could be going or coming or just staying. Looking for the

first sure shorebird returns any time now.

The Western Kingbird was restless on the nest leaving and returning a few
times while I watched and the male hunted in the cotton field. A quick run by
at
 the Scissor-tailed FC nest revealed the female on the nest but no male seen
in  the short time I was there.

Good  Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL'COOT / TLBA