[TN-Bird] Eagleville Sod Farm, Rutherford County, TN

  • From: Scott Somershoe <ssomershoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 12:14:29 -0500

> 9/6/2014
> Eagleville Sod Farm
> Rutherford Co., TN
>
> Thanks to Chloe Walker for the initial post and Stephen Zipperer for the
> follow up.
>
> Birds observed this morning:
>
> 1 Ruddy Turnstone
> 2 Buff-breasted Sandpipers
> 6 American Golden Plovers
> 8 Pectoral Sandpipers
4 lesser yellowlegs
> 4 Least Sandpiper, and a bunch of distant and unidentified peeps
> 300+ Killdeer
> Bunch of Horned Larks

My 2 yr old daughter joined me and was a good birding companion, except for
constantly grabbing the tripod, making everything tough to see and making me a
bit dizzy! She said she wanted to see the buff-breasted sandpipers, but was
actually more interested in playing with the rocks.  Oh well, she'll learn :)

Good birding,
Scott Somershoe