[TN-Bird] Eagleville Shorebirds (Again)

  • From: "Chloe Walker" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "chloebelle119@yahoo" for DMARC)
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 02:59:55 +0000 (UTC)

8-20-15
An evening stop at the sod fields along Highway 99 in Eagleville gave different
results than our morning list. The Sanderlings, Short-billed Dowitcher, Stilt
Sandpiper, and Greater Yellowlegs were gone, and the remaining species were
mostly in lower numbers. New shorebirds included one Ruddy Turnstone and a
Buff-breasted Sandpiper, both in the eastern field (the farthest from the
highschool). We also saw around thirty Common Nighthawks flying in a line, due
Southeast...possibly migrating. Our PM shorebird list is below, if interested.
Semipalmated Plover - 5Killdeer - 100Solitary Sandpiper - 7Lesser Yellowlegs -
6Ruddy Turnstone - 1Least Sandpiper - 50Buff-breasted Sandpiper - 1Pectoral
Sandpiper - 100Semipalmated Sandpiper - 15Western Sandpiper - 3
Chloe WalkerMurfreesboro, TN