[TN-Bird] Eagle Bend fish hatchery

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:49:08 -0400

TN-birders,

Thanks go to Tony King for alerting me & Dollyann that a Common Loon was at the
Eagle Bend fish hatchery in Anderson Co. The bird was resting in the uppermost
pond on the right as you go in.  I have records that date back to 1980 at this
location and this is the first Common Loon I have ever seen there. That brings
my species total for the hatchery to 163. Not too bad for 100 acres!

Not much else around today but we did see a Northern Rough-winged Swallow and 1
Lesser Scaup.

Great birding,
Ron Hoff & Dollyann Myers
Clinton, TN