[TN-Bird] Re: Douglas Lake - 9/28/13

  • From: michael sledjeski <mbsledjeski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:29:55 -0400

We were  paddling at  Rankin Bottoms late on 9/28 when more shorebirds came in;
didn't plan to post, since there were no uncommon species, but decided to
supplement Steve's list.  -  interesting how numbers can change through the
day.  Visitors should be sure to drive through the coal tipple to the next
opening for a look to the east.  Shoreline viewing conditions should be optimal
by Wednesday; no telling what birds will be there.

Partial list:
Osprey
Semipalmated Plover (18)
Semipalmated Sandpiper (52)