[TN-Bird] D'oh! CLIFF Swallows...

  • From: "Marty" <parula6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:13:14 -0500

Sorry if I got some pulses racing. I knew they were Cliff Swallows, and was
thinking Cliff Swallows, and typed Cave Swallows. Some kind of funky brain
wiring cross-up, I guess. I also frequently say "right" when I mean "left", for
unknown reasons.  Apologies again! But you know what, I'm going to spend more
time checking them out on the off chance there is an oddball, because I did see
a dark forehead peering out of a partially built cup of mudballs. Maybe just a
trick of the light, I don't know. As for nest shape, they're just getting
started so there's no distinctive or diagnostic formation to their efforts yet.
They're quite busy, though, so the next few days should prove edifying in that
regard. The twittering they make as they work is, to my ears, quite delightful.
If you're coming east on 840 from I-40 (exit 176), go to the end of 840 at Hwy
100. Turn right (west) onto 100 and then take the first right onto Spencer Mill
about 1/4 mile from the 840 exit. Go up Spencer Mill maybe a mile or less and
you're at the overpass. If you're coming out 100 from Nashville, just go beyond
the 840 interchange to Spencer Mill and turn right.

Marty DeHart
Bon Aqua, Hickman Co.

                  EXCELLENT MAP RESOURCES