[TN-Bird] Dekalb Co. this morning

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Stczipperer@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 13:12:10 -0500

11/182014
Dekalb Co.
Traveling

Drove a few roads near Smithville, TN this morning. Best birds were 13
Hooded Mergansers in a farm pond on Vaughn LN.

Drove down to Edgar Evans State park.  Had a nice raft of 30  Buffleheads.
There were some other ducks but were out of range of my scope  with the
steam coming of the water and the white caps on the lake.  Saw  some Horned
Grebes from the Marina.

Heading back home on 840 between Lebanon and Murfreesboro I had great looks
 at and Imm. Northern Harrier and some Red-tailed Hawks.

For some reason I have not been able to post or receive post on TN-Bird for
 about a week or so.  Contacted the help desk and hopefully I am back  on.

Recent sightings from the past week that I could not post but were posted
on eBird and Tennessee Birding on  Facebook.

11-13-14 Hamilton Creek Boat Ramp, J. Percy Priest Lake, Nashville, TN I
had a Female Black Scoter.

11-15-2014 Swamp Rd. Area Eagleville, TN  I had a Mature and Imm.  Northern
Harrier and a nice flock of 30 American Pipits.

11-16-2014 Field Trials Area, J Percy Priest Lake, Lavernge, TN  About
Midday I had 1 Ross's Goose and 1 Greater White-fronted Goose along with  about
60 Canada Geese.  Also present were Redhead Ducks, Mallards,  Gadwalls,
Buffleheads, Belted Kingfisher and Bonaparte's Gulls.

Sorry for the late post on TN-Bird hope I am back on now.

Good Birding

Stephen Zipperer
Rutherford Co., TN