[TN-Bird] Crane Update at Hiwassee

  • From: Charles Murray <dro_1945@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN- BIRD <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 18:38:53 -0800 (PST)

I am told that only one of the at least 59 visitors to the Hiwassee Wildlife
Refuge in Meigs Co. at Birchwood today saw the hooded crane do a very brief
fly-by at 9:45 a.m. Visitors from 10 states were present at the HWR today.
Since it was also seen only briefly yesterday, I reviewed my recent posts and
noted that it was seen for almost 2 hours on Monday afternoon. Another visitor
and I saw 4 whooping cranes on Hiwassee Island from the Cherokee Removal
Memorial Park overlook near dark (about 6:10 p.m.).

Charles Murray
Birchwood, TN