[TN-Bird] Chattanooga TOS Field Trip to Hinch Mountain

  • From: "Danny Gaddy" <gaddy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 17:21:44 -0400

Six birders joined Harold Birch and me for a trip to Hinch Mountain in
Cumberland County.  We birded up to the top at about 3000 feet and then into
Bledsoe and Sequatchie County. We saw or heard a combined trip total of 80
species in Cumberland, Bledsoe and Sequatchie Counties.  This included 15
species of warblers including excellent looks at Kentucky, black &white,
chestnut sided, &  prairie warbler along with Pewees, scarlet tanagers,
indigo buntings, along with equally excellent looks at two separate pair of
scissor-tailed flycatchers nesting near Nine Mile just north of Pikeville.
This is an interesting day trip.

Danny Gaddy

Ringgold, Georgia

Chattanooga TOS