[TN-Bird] Carter Co. winter birds

  • From: richard connors <didymops07@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 19:37:08 -0600

On a visit this past weekend (Nov. 2 - 4) to the Simerly Creek section of
Carter County I found some of our "irruptive" winter visitors well
represented. Among the birds around the sunflower feeder were Pine Siskins
(40), Purple Finch, 1 male, and Red-breasted Nuthatch, 1. A few Dark-eyed
Juncos were in the mix with 20+ Am. Goldfinch.

Other birds observed included Ruby Crowned and Golden Crowned Kinglets,
Song, Swamp and White-throated Sparrows, Ruffed Grouse (1), and 13 Wood
Ducks on the pond. Great Horned Owl was heard.

Richard Connors
Nashville