[TN-Bird] Cades Cove - Blount County - 44 species including Peregrine falcon and Bald eagle

  • From: birdglass44@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:38:42 -0400 (EDT)

At 1115 I had a Peregrine falcon lazily circling over the fields near the
bridge on hyatt Lane in Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountians NP.  I watched it for
about 5 minutes then watched crows mobbing a red-shoulder hawk and then saw an
adult Bald eagle gliding over the Cove.  It was only the second time to see a
Peregrine and Bald eagle in my 6+ years of volunteering in Cades Cove.

There was pretty good migratory activity in the trees along Sparks Lane.

Wild Turkey - 14
Great Blue Heron - 1
Turkey Vulture - 1 -
Bald eagle - 1