[TN-Bird] Broad-tailed Hummingbird in northern Alabama

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 17:06:44 -0500 (EST)

Shirley asked me to send this out since she was unable to post to  tn-bird.
 Killen, AL is just east of Florence.

Jan Shaw

Subject: Broad-tailed Hummingbird

I have (since 11/14) an adult  male Broad-tailed Hummingbird coming
frequently throughout the day to my  feeder.  Bob Sargent banded the bird on
11/23
and he has been photographed  and watched by several people.  Since our
location is only 15  miles south of the Tn state line I thought there might be
some Tn birders  that would like to see this beauty.  Our address is 9218
Turtle Point  Drive, Killen, Al 35645.  Telephone 256-757-2467.  Call because
we  have a territorial dog.

Shirley  Wayland