[TN-Bird] Re: [Bristol-Birds] C. Goldeneyes/Eared Grebes at Musick's

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <HerndonBirdClub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:33:36 -0500

Since the Mute Swan found at Paddle Creek Pond in Sullivan County March 6 by
Jean and Brookie Potter, Reece Jamerson and Bryan Stevens has not been reported
there
previously,  it probably has extended flight capabilities.
On Feb 19, 2007,  Richard Kretz photographed one while with me not far from
Paddle Creek Pond and along the river bank at Riverside on the South Fork
Holston
River.

Paddle Creek Pond is 1.1 miles ENE of where found and photographed the swan.

This is one of several nesting areas for wild Mute Swans in Sullivan County. An
active nest with egg was found near Central Holston 2.8 miles NE of Paddle Creek
Pond.

Let's go birding.....

Wallace Coffey
Bristol, TN